Funding London joined forces with Morgan McKinley and Fragomen to deliver a workshop on a topic affect companies across the board, that of Recruitment in a Changing Immigration Landscape.
Morgan McKinley, a global specialist recruiter shall be hosting a workshop alongside Fragomen, the world's leading immigration law firm on the following topics:
• Tips on how to attract, secure and retain talent
• The importance of candidate experience
• Brexit and what you can say or do for staff
• Getting a non-EU founder in/securing their status
• Understanding how to recruit and sponsor a non-EU worker
• Complying with the law - the bits that trip tech firms up
Speakers: Ian Robinson and Cem Baris
1. Ian Robinson is a Partner in Fragomen's London office where he focuses on UK immigration. Ian has worked in immigration for 15 years, including five years with Fragomen. He manages a large team that supports businesses across a range of sectors, including IT, energy, professional services and London's burgeoning tech community.
Ian also manages Fragomen's UK Government Strategies Practice. He works with decision makers in and around government, helping key people understand how the immigration system can better support business. He also works with Fragomen's Strategic Migration Forum to ensure that messages to the government are consistent and compelling.
Fragomen is the world’s leading immigration law firm, providing premium services and optimal value. Established in 1951, Fragomen has more than 3,200 employees worldwide. We have over 40 offices in 20 countries and offer immigration services in more than 170 jurisdictions.
2. Cem Baris is a Director with responsibility for the strategic growth and development of Morgan McKinley’s Technology business across the UK. His background spans 12 years in contingent and executive recruitment, working with the full spectrum of clients from start-ups to the worlds largest technology firms. Engagements range from building international leadership teams to recruitment campaigns delivering rapid scale to technical operations.
In addition to helping clients succeed in delivering their recruitment strategy, Cem has a strong track record in hiring and developing his own high performing teams and leaders in a highly competitive landscape.