Knowing what to do in increasingly complicated employee situations can be difficult for even seasoned managers, especially if a manager has never had training.For a new manager these problems are intensified.For a new HR Manager this becomes a bigger problem as HR compliance 101 advises not just one manager but all managers throughout an organization.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
By the time an employee problem reaches HR, a level of liability has often been created. How an employer handles such problems, can either limit or increase liability. Further exacerbating the problem is that managers often inherit a dysfunctional department and/or are promoted to supervise those with whom they once were co-workers.
If an HR Dept. doesn’t know how to recognize or fix problems, what can be solved as a mere miscommunication, can quickly turn into a costly lawsuit. With this in mind, the instructor will take attendees through best practices to prevent litigation and general dysfunction by ensuring compliance with the HR laws.
- Basics of the Big Four of employment compliance- Title VII, FLSA, FMLA, ADA
- Leaves of absence.
- Basics of wage and hour.
- Recognizing harassment and discrimination.
- The elements of documentation.
- Using the 4 tools of a manager; coaching, performance reviews, performance improvement plans and discipline.
- What to do if someone is struggling doing their job for whatever the reason – having a process.
- What to do with employee complaints.
In an increasingly complicated world of employee compliance in which HR struggles just to keep abreast of new developments, not teaching managers the basics can be costly. After all it’s the managers who interact with employees on a day-to-day basis and every day is an opportunity for problems to arise that a manager was never trained in how to address.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- New HR staff
- Payroll personnel
- Front line managers
- Department managers
- Anyone newly promoted to a management position
- Managers who were promoted from within their companies
- Small business owners
For more detail please click on this below link:
Email: [email protected]
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494