Apostille Services DC & Maryland, Worldwide Apostille Services for US Department of State | Apostille FBI Background Check | US Department of State Authentication Services | Embassy Legalization Services Worldwide
What is an Apostille?
An apostille is a certificate issued by the US Department of State or the Secretary of a State certifying your personal and commercial documents. The department the certifies your document may vary based on the country the document is being sent to. Do you need an Apostille in DC or Maryland or Worldwide for US Department of State Apostille? We provide apostille services to handle the process for you, saving you valuable time. Official papers or certificates that may require an apostille certificate to be attached are:
- Marriage certificates
- Birth certificates
- Criminal background checks
- Commercial documents
- Business agreements
- FDA, IRS, Certificate to Foreign Government or other Federal Government issued documents
Apostille — Secretary of State:
- Personal and Commercial documents
- Same Day Service available, Apostille Maryland & Apostille DC
- Obtained in 2–3 business days (for Apostille from DC Secretary of State)
- Diplomas, Transcripts, Powers of Attorney, Company Agreements
- Birth and Marriage certificates (only applicable for certain states, please contact us for more info)
Apostille — US Department of State in DC:
- Documents issued by US Federal agencies
- Obtained in 4–5 business days
- FBI Background checks, IRS documents, Certificates to Foreign Government, Naturalization documents
For clients who need to present their documents in countries which require the Authentication and Embassy legalization procedure, we can carry out the process on your behalf for personal or commercial documents from start to finish. if you intend to use your documents in a country that is not a party to The Hague Apostille Convention, authentication at the US Department of State in Washington DC is usually a required step in the chain legalization process prior legalization at a foreign Embassy/Consulate. The procedure consists of getting a document certified through the chain authentication process which consists of:
- Notarization (if needed)
- Secretary of State certification
- US Department of State authentication
- Legalization of document from embassy
Documents submitted for authentication at the US Department of State and possibly subsequent legalization at a foreign embassy/consulate/mission can be either a certified original or notarized/certified copy. In most general cases they can be photocopies certified as true and accurate copy of the document but in certain cases requiring special handling they need to be originals or certificates ready for international use. This is due to requirements by individual States and foreign countries who in certain cases do not accept copies of particular document types.
Apostille Services: Apostille DC | Apostille Maryland
If you don’t want to deal with the trouble of learning a particular government office’s requirements or worry about missing something and potentially delaying your certifications, we’re here to make the process as easy as sending us your documents and simply waiting to receive the completed Apostille or Authentication back to you. Our process is as efficient as it gets. Let us take care of the hassle while you continue to manage your other personal or business matters.
Need Apostille Services? Mobile Notary DC?
Get a quote here and we’ll take over this cumbersome process for you.