Federal Contracting 101 is designed for companies desiring to enter the federal marketplace and /or new to federal contracting, that have struggled to gain sales. Taught in a hands-on workshop format, all attendees are required to bring a laptop so they can position their companies in real time, in all areas necessary for their success. You will not only learn strategies, you will be given the tools to ensure you can go forward after the workshop and have success.
Federal Contracting 101
Let’s start from the beginning
We will review your company starting from
- Your SAM registration
- Your NAICS Codes (are they correct)
- Does your primary NAICS qualify your company for small business status
- Your website vs. your competitors does yours speak to federal buyers?
- Small Business Set-asides
- Federal contracting acronyms and other federal speak
Now that that’s done
- What agencies are buying your products and services
- How do these agencies Buy (Simplified Acquisition, GSA, Sewp, GWACs, open market, BPA, Sole Source, Small Business set-a-side, etc.)
- FBO, Neco, Dibbs, ASFI
- How can you find the information to start planning your year?
Let’s get in front of federal buyers
- Finding buyers and Contracting Officers at your targeted agencies
- Your capability statement does it really describe your company, are you highlighting your past performance (don’t have a capability statement? You will by the time you leave)
- Is your company set up to assist during a national emergency? (if so we will get you set up with FEMA)
- Marketing strategies for federal clients.
- A walk through of events in the area as well as events across the nation you may want to add to your marketing efforts.
- How to position your company (even if you are new to federal contracting) with potential buyers.
Identifying other types of solicitation
- Expanding products/services
- Responding to a combined synopsis/solicitation
- Bid and Proposal Basics
- The RFQ
- The Uniform Contract Format
- Analyzing the solicitation
- Bid/No Bid Determination
- Assessing the opportunity
- Competitive Intelligence
- Top internal questions
- Bid and Proposal RFP Development
Government New Year Marketing Strategies
- Strategies to get your company top of mind
- How to leverage your small business status
- Why your socio-economic status matters right now
M3 Government Services