Day 1: October 26th -9:00am-4:00pm
Federal Contracting 101
This Workshop is designed for companies desiring to enter the federal marketplace and /or new to federal contracting, that have struggled to gain sales. Taught in a hands-on workshop format, all attendees are required to bring a laptop so they can position their companies in real time, in all areas necessary for their success. You will not only learn strategies, you will be given the tools to ensure you can go forward after the workshop and have success.
Federal Contracting 101
We will review your company starting from
- Your SAM registration
- Your NAICS Codes (are they correct)
- Does your primary NAICS qualify your company for small business status
- Your website vs. your competitors does yours speak to federal buyers?
- Small Business Set-asides
- Federal contracting acronyms and other federal speak
- What agencies are buying your products and services
- How do these agencies Buy (Simplified Acquisition, GSA, Sewp, GWACs, open market, BPA, Sole Source, Small Business set-a-side, etc.)
- FBO, Neco, Dibbs, ASFI
- How can you find the information to start planning your year?
Let’s get in front of federal buyers
- Finding buyers and Contracting Officers at your targeted agencies
- Your capability statement does it really describe your company, are you highlighting your past performance (don’t have a capability statement? You will by the time you leave)
- Is your company set up to assist during a national emergency? (if so we will get you set up with FEMA)
- Marketing strategies for federal clients.
- A walk through of events in the area as well as events across the nation you may want to add to your marketing efforts.
- How to position your company (even if you are new to federal contracting) with potential buyers.
Identifying other types of solicitation
- Expanding products/services
Why the Government New Year is the time to start your marketing strategy
- Strategies to get your company top of mind
- How to leverage your small business status
- Why your socio-economic status matters right now
- How to find and develop sub-contracting opportunities
Day 2: October 27th -9:00am-4:00pm
Response to RFPs/Proposal Writing
Learn the structure of an RFP, how to understand every section and its requirements, how to identify required sources and how to plan, write, review and deliver a complete, compliant and compelling proposal. Learn how to find opportunities early and be an active contributor throughout the solicitation process.
- Responding to a combined synopsis/solicitation
- Bid and Proposal Basics
- The RFQ
- The Uniform Contract Format
- Analyzing the solicitation
- Bid/No Bid Determination
- Assessing the opportunity
- Competitive Intelligence
- Top internal questions
- Bid and Proposal RFP Development
Join us for both workshop days and receive a $150 discount. Register by 12 October 2016 and receive an additional 10% discount with discount code: IL2016.
For additional information, additional workshops or if you have any questions, please visit our website at www.m3gs.us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in Chicago and guiding you to government sales success!
The M3 Government Services Team